Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Can you guess the movie quote?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the answer for 2 is, high fidelity

  2. #22
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Cool rocketmaster! That field worker (Palin) obviously had some major education. Seemed to leave King Arthur speechless. The coconut horse sound making guys could hardly keep up with him as he ran (rode) away! LOL!

    I, for one, love these kind of games, btw. Please keep 'em coming!

    Oh, I think #2 is High Fidelity!
    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #23
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good job everybody! You got em all! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]
    Ok, ready for GAME 2? Here we go!


    1) I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap; including all my major crevices; including in between my toes and in my belly button which I never did before but sort of enjoyed. I washed my hair with adult formula shampoo and used cream rinse for that just-washed shine. I can't seem to find my toothbrush, so I'll pick one up when I go out today. Other than that, I'm in good shape.

    2) Don't you ever talk about my friends! You don't know any of my friends! You don't look at any of my friends! And, you certainly wouldn't condescend to speak to any of my friends! So you just stick to the things you know: shopping, nail polish, your father's B.M.W., and your poor, rich, drunk mother in the Caribbean!

    3) It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

    4) I go out, I work my butt off to make a living, all I want is to come home to a nice clean house with a nice fat steak on the table, but instead I get this. It looks like poison. Don't you take that away, I'm eating that, d@mn it! It is poison, isn't it? I swear to God I would not be surprised if it was...
    (Don't give it away, Reved!!!)

    5) As you know, the concept of the suction pump is centuries old. And really, that's all this is, except that instead of sucking water, I'm sucking life. I've just sucked one year of your life away. I might one day go as high as five, but I really don't know what that would do to you, so let's just start with what we have. What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity, so... be honest. How do you feel?

    6) That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or...or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do...what do they do? They...They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions...by inhibiting our decisions, out of...out of fear of some...some intangible parent figure who...who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says...and says, "Do it--Do it and I'll f*ckin' spank you!"

    7) Let me put it this way, Mr. Amer. The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

    8) Normally, both of you would be dead as f*cking fried chicken by now, but since I'm in a transitional period, I don't want to kill either one of your a$$es.

    9) Over the years I got to be quite a connossieur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor -- heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand... YECCHH!

    10) This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER!

  4. #24
    Inactive Member imported_Al_Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I might do a bit better with these ones.

    4) Sounds like something Al Bundy would say to Peg

    5) Princess Bride, perhaps

    7) 2001 A Space Odyssey

    8) Pulp Fiction

    9) Ralphie in A Christmas Story, loved that movie.

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, Al, right out of the gate! Very very good!
    #4 is not correct, just movies, but the others are perfect!

    I love #4, it cracks me up. And the odd thing is that in the movie I hated it. The actor played it with no humor at all, very abusive. But on paper it's really quite funny. It does seem like an Al Bundy thing to say, doesn't it!

    I try to use well known quotes from movies I think most people have seen. It's just not fun if they're too obscure, like it isn't much fun to do a crossword puzzle if you can't get any of the answers.

    Keep those answers comin'! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    2.Breakfast Club, specifically John Bender(Judd Nelson) berating Claire (Molly Ringwald). John Hughes all the way. [img]cool.gif[/img]
    1.Home Alone
    And one of them sounds like Cherry 2000.

  7. #27
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, good job! (Can't help laugh when I read #1, picturing that cute little kid!)

    Ok, so that leaves us #'s 3, 4, 6 and 10!
    I might have to make the next bunch a tad more difficult!
    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    4 - Men In Black

    6 - Dogma

  9. #29
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    #3 Fatal Arraction
    #10 Strange Brew

    Wild guesses on a wild wednesday!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    GD

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, reved got #6 correct, and gave away #4.

    Sorry Gus, the guesses are incorrect...so howsabout a coupla hints on the remaining 2?

    #3 was an odd modern musical, with many scenes set in front of a 'roaring' crowd.

    #10 This was Alan Rickman's second film role. He stole the show and introduced his comic talents to the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic